I have cherry tomatoes growing out my ears. I am the only one who eats them. I needed to find something to do with these tomatoes. Well I found a recipe and then of course "doctored" it up a bit to fit my liking.
BLT Dip:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Ranch Salad Dressing
10 cherry tomatoes cut in fours
3 ounce package of Bacon bits (I used the Oscar Meyer kind)
1/2 cup of chopped Celery
4 small green onions chopped
1 tsp sugar
A dash of Pepper to taste
Lettuce leaf (for garnish only)
2 boxes of crackers (I use Ritz the Garden blend and Triscuts the Rosemary and Olive oil blend)
In mixer mix cream cheese and ranch dressing until well mixed. Cut the tomato and add to the cream cheese mixture. Use a food chopper and chop up the celery and the onion. When those are chopped add them to the cream cheese mixture. Add the Bacon Bits, sugar and pepper and mix well!!
Cover and refrigerate overnight. Leaving it in the fridge overnight enhances the flavors.
Serve with crackers of your choice or veggies. You can use the Lettuce as a garnish as you wish.
Enjoy!!
BLT Dip:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Ranch Salad Dressing
10 cherry tomatoes cut in fours
3 ounce package of Bacon bits (I used the Oscar Meyer kind)
1/2 cup of chopped Celery
4 small green onions chopped
1 tsp sugar
A dash of Pepper to taste
Lettuce leaf (for garnish only)
2 boxes of crackers (I use Ritz the Garden blend and Triscuts the Rosemary and Olive oil blend)
In mixer mix cream cheese and ranch dressing until well mixed. Cut the tomato and add to the cream cheese mixture. Use a food chopper and chop up the celery and the onion. When those are chopped add them to the cream cheese mixture. Add the Bacon Bits, sugar and pepper and mix well!!
Cover and refrigerate overnight. Leaving it in the fridge overnight enhances the flavors.
Serve with crackers of your choice or veggies. You can use the Lettuce as a garnish as you wish.
Enjoy!!
Comments