I found this recipe on http://www.everydayhealth.com/ and I am excited to try it. My 4 year old daughter and I love salads and all kinds of yummy fruits and veggies, so when I saw this one I thought I would give it a try for lunch for the two of us one day. Hear to Happy and Healthy eating!!
Arugula & Pear Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Ingredients
2 tablespoon shallot(s), finely chopped
3 tablespoon broth, vegetable
3 tablespoon oil, olive, extra virgin
1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar balsamic
1/2 teaspoon mustard, Dijon
1/4 teaspoon salt
pepper, black ground, freshly ground, to taste
1/2 cup(s) nuts, walnuts, chopped
2 medium pear, Bartlett, firm
5 cup(s) lettuce, bibb, or Boston, torn into bite-size pieces
4 cup(s) lettuce, arugula, trimmed
Preparation
1. To prepare dressing: Whisk shallot, broth, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
2. To prepare salad: Toast walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
3. Just before serving, cut pears into 16 slices each. Place in a large bowl. Spoon on 1 tablespoon of the dressing and toss to coat. Add lettuce, arugula and the remaining dressing; toss well. Divide among 8 plates. Top with the walnuts.
Arugula & Pear Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Ingredients
2 tablespoon shallot(s), finely chopped
3 tablespoon broth, vegetable
3 tablespoon oil, olive, extra virgin
1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar balsamic
1/2 teaspoon mustard, Dijon
1/4 teaspoon salt
pepper, black ground, freshly ground, to taste
1/2 cup(s) nuts, walnuts, chopped
2 medium pear, Bartlett, firm
5 cup(s) lettuce, bibb, or Boston, torn into bite-size pieces
4 cup(s) lettuce, arugula, trimmed
Preparation
1. To prepare dressing: Whisk shallot, broth, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
2. To prepare salad: Toast walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
3. Just before serving, cut pears into 16 slices each. Place in a large bowl. Spoon on 1 tablespoon of the dressing and toss to coat. Add lettuce, arugula and the remaining dressing; toss well. Divide among 8 plates. Top with the walnuts.
Comments