I have been looking at this yummy recipe for awhile now and as soon as I am feeling good enough I am going to make these bars. I will however be using Almonds instead of Pecans, so it will have to be called
Almond Praline Cookie Triangles. This recipe is from The Pampered Chef and as always I have given my own twist to it!! I also will be adding the ingredient: LOVE when I make it!!
Crust:
2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tsp baking soda
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter (always use butter)
Filling:
3 cups pecan halves divided (I will be using Almonds)
2 cups packed Dark Brown Sugar
3 eggs
4 Tbls butter, melted
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For crust, combine flour, powdered sugar and baking soda in medium bowl. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Lightly press crumb mixture over the bottom of 9 x 13 inch bar pan (lightly sprayed). lightly roll or press the mixture down. Bake for 15 minutes; remove and put on cooling rack.
2. Meanwhile, for filling reserve 1 cup of the nuts for garnish. Chop remaining nuts in a food chopper. Combine chopped nuts, brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt; mix well. Pour filling mixture over warm crust, spreading to edges of pan using a spatula. Arrange remaining nuts (pecans or almonds) over filling. Bake 17-19 minutes or until filling is set in the center. Remove from oven and cool completely.
3. Sprinkle additional powdered sugar if desired. Cut into 32 squares and then cut the squares in half diagonally.
Yield: 64 triangles
Almond Praline Cookie Triangles. This recipe is from The Pampered Chef and as always I have given my own twist to it!! I also will be adding the ingredient: LOVE when I make it!!
Crust:
2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tsp baking soda
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter (always use butter)
Filling:
3 cups pecan halves divided (I will be using Almonds)
2 cups packed Dark Brown Sugar
3 eggs
4 Tbls butter, melted
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For crust, combine flour, powdered sugar and baking soda in medium bowl. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Lightly press crumb mixture over the bottom of 9 x 13 inch bar pan (lightly sprayed). lightly roll or press the mixture down. Bake for 15 minutes; remove and put on cooling rack.
2. Meanwhile, for filling reserve 1 cup of the nuts for garnish. Chop remaining nuts in a food chopper. Combine chopped nuts, brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt; mix well. Pour filling mixture over warm crust, spreading to edges of pan using a spatula. Arrange remaining nuts (pecans or almonds) over filling. Bake 17-19 minutes or until filling is set in the center. Remove from oven and cool completely.
3. Sprinkle additional powdered sugar if desired. Cut into 32 squares and then cut the squares in half diagonally.
Yield: 64 triangles
Comments